BooksForKidsBlog

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Song of the The Sleepy Sea: Ocean Lullaby by Laura McGee Kvasnosky

SONGS FLOAT UP, MOON SMILES DOWN

WHILE WE ROCK TO OCEAN SOUND.

A family sits, circled around by the sea, the littlest cuddled in Mom's arms, soothed by the soft sound of the waves. The seaside scene grows more still as night comes on. In the tide...

DOLPHINS DRIFT, MANTAS GLIDE.

SEALS SNORE ON THE SHORE.

The sea sings its steady sonorous song, a seaside lullaby's steady rhythm to the breaths of the now sleeping child.

The sybillant sea works its magic on everyone, child and adult, as everyone gives over the the ocean's song, in Laura McGee Kvasnosky's lovely lullaby of ocean sounds, in Laura McGee Kvasnosky's Ocean Lullaby. Framed by artist Kate Harvey McGee's charming black line and muted color illustrations, this striking picture book captures the mystery of the seas rhythmic ebb and flow in a gentle restful song of rest, just right for bedtime. Says Booklist, "This dreamy paean to the ocean’s mesmerizing influence [is] guaranteed to soothe little ones at bedtime."

And don't miss Kvasnosky and McGee's other collaborations, Little Wolf's First Howling and Squeak!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Dear GTC,
    I am new to Blogger.com and just came across your BooksForKidsBlog. I have to say, you are doing fantastic job!
    Is there any chance you would consider reviewing some Advance Reader Copies of our very first picture book titles? We are a brand new children's press called Ava Bear Books, and are shortly to put our first three titles on Amazon for pre-order. We would certainly appreciate your wisdom and input!
    If you are interested, my email address is helen [at] avabear.love
    Many thanks and best wishes, Helen

    By Blogger Ava Bear Parent Portal, at 2:25 PM  

  • I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    By Blogger Ric Clayton, at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment



<< Home