BooksForKidsBlog

Saturday, February 17, 2007

A How-To Manual on Making It As a Modern Male


It occurs to me that How To Be A Man, by John Birmingham and Dirk Flinthart, is just what the main characters in the aforementioned teen novels need. My oldest grandson received the book from a wise uncle this Christmas, and I hope he's reading it! It may save him from some of the problems teen protagonists and teen people get themselves into from sheer lack of knowledge about how things work. As ol' Ben said, "Experience keeps a dear school, but a fool will learn in no other."

4 Comments:

  • Out of print, used copies are a minimum $30 or so.

    (which means some clever publisher should really do another print run, but "clever publisher" is an oxymoron)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 PM  

  • You think that's high. My granddaughter wanted a copy of "Mrs. Rochester," a '90's lame sequel to "Jane Eyre" and it's $90+ for the cheapest copy. I think it's time for "just-in-time publishing on demand."

    By Blogger GTC, at 8:37 PM  

  • Put it our as an E-book for a reasonable price (like, $5, not $25) and I'll read it on screen.

    Heck, do it as an E-book for $1. Cost of goods sold is nothing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 AM  

  • Dear Anonymous 2:52 a.m.,
    Interesting idea. I'd like to hear some opinions as to whether teenagers would read this book on screen. What do you all think?
    (Obviously, anonymous would, since he/she's reading book reviews at 2:52 a.m., but I'm not sure my 16-year-old, who works about 20 hours per weekend would spend his leisure time reading this book unless it were lying on his bed at the time!)

    By Blogger GTC, at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment



<< Home