BooksForKidsBlog

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Baddest Guy In Cretaceous Town: I'm Bad! by Kate and Jim McMullan

Are you bad?

I'm REALLY bad. Scare-the-tails-off-all-the-other-dinosaurs BAD!

Got rip-'em-up CLAWS. Got bite-'em-up FANGS!

Bad breath? Y-E-A-A-A-H-H-H-H-H!

This T. Rex isn't afraid to boast like Pecos Bill and romp and stomp like Paul Bunyan's blue ox Babe. After all, he's got all the right stuff to scare the hair right off all the "fuzzies" he aims to prey upon. As he brags, he's got "a swivel neck, got broad-jump legs, and triple digit kick-a-whomper STOMPERS."

And don't you dare make sport of his BABY ARMS either. He'll set you straight in a hurry!

"Did you just call me BABY ARMS? Longer than YOURS, pal--20 times stronger.

Think about it. Six-tons-of muscle-on-the-hustle!"

The only problem is that the feathered tweets fly up just beyond his jaws; critters with bigger drumsticks whoosh and boing away just ahead of his grasp.

The prey just won't stay so this dinosaur can score!

"Ooof! I HATE fast food!" he roars in frustration. "What are YOU lookin' at, FUZZIES?"

A hungry T. Rex is not a pretty sight, and our big guy is reduced to pitching a Cretaceous temper tantrum, screaming "I NEED CHOW--RIGHT NOW0WOW!

Just as things look bleak, we lift a gatefold flap to reveal a REALLY BIG DINO--it's Mama T. Rex, with a tasty piece of prey just in time to save Junior from a monstrous case of the munchies! With his tummy rumbles soothed, our not-so-big guy cuddles up sleepily with a grateful "I love my mom!"

Co-authors of the award-winning tale of a proud garbage truck, I Stink!, a bodacious tugboat, I'm Mighty!, and a super power shovel in I'm Dirty!, in I'm Bad! Kate and Jim McMullan have come up with a great read-aloud and an appealing early reading choice for kids who like dinosaurs and love to see bad guys enjoy a bit of, shall we say, the Triple A Treatment--Appropriate Attitude Adjustment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home