BooksForKidsBlog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bunny Fun I: Let's Play in the Snow by Sam McBratney

Just in time for the snow season, that lovable father-son hare pair are back in their latest in the Guess How Much I Love You series.

The new-fallen snow has made everything look new and different. Big Nutbrown Hare has just the right game--I Spy--to play with Little Nutbrown Hare outside, and the youngster quickly spots and names everything his papa spies--a leaf, a spider web, a bird's feather, and a river.

But then Little Nutbrown Hare slyly comes up with a tricky one.

"I spy something that belongs to me."

Papa Hare is puzzled and has to ask for a clue to come up with this one.

"It's only out when the sun comes out!" the little one says.

Happy to have almost stumped his papa, it's Little Nutbrown Hare's turn to answer his father's question.

"I spy something that belongs to me, and it's not my shadow."

"Can I have a clue?" the little hare asks.

"It's little..., it's nutbrown..., it's my most favorite thing... , and it can hop!"

"It's ME!" guesses Little Nutbrown Hare with a hug for his dad.

Sam McBratney's and Anita Jeram's brand-new Let's Play in the Snow: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybookis as a snow story as warming as a cup of hot cocoa after a snowball fight, a worthy addition to this cozy series of stories of father and son.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Thank you for the review; we will look for a copy of this at the library on our next visit! I wish our son (14 months) liked Guess How Much I Love You more, but the illustrations just don't appeal to him for some reason. This will probably change next week or next month, though.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment



<< Home