BooksForKidsBlog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tactile Monsters: That's Not My Monster... by Fiona Watt

A monster book for babies? Sure, if the monster's nose is not too blobby, its paws not too bumpy, and its horns not too rough!

Fiona Watt's Touchy-Feely Board Books are great choices for any baby who is ready for a lap book. In fact, as soon as a baby is able to focus and experience tactile sensation, these books are among the best choices, even if the adult has to place the child's fingers on the touch-and-feel areas of each page.

And for the October scary season, even tots can have their own monster book, That's Not My Monster... (Usborne Touchy Feely) (Usborne). A sturdy board book, this one has delicious fuzzy, fleecey, rubbery, and scratchy areas which are delightful to the touch and pleasing colors and shapes to attract the eye.

Some other popular titles in this series include That's Not My Teddy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Board Books), That's Not My Kitten,(Usborne Touchy Feely), That's Not My Pirate (Usborne Touchy Feely), That's Not My Monkey (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books), and That's Not My Puppy: Its Coat Is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy Feely).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • We've recently read and reviewed a really funny touch and feel book - Tickle the Duck by Ethan Long (http://www.kuvik.net/ztoft/playingbythebook/2009/10/07/laughter-and-a-lot-of-it/)
    Very funny, and the most enjoyable touch and feel book I've read in a very long while!

    By Anonymous Zoe, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home