BooksForKidsBlog

Friday, February 06, 2015

Sing along with Ziggy: I Love You, Too! by Ziggy Marley

FROM THE FIRST TIME THAT I SAW YOU

I KNEW THAT IT WAS TRUE.

THERE'LL BE A LIFELONG TIME TO SPEND

AROUND THE CORNER, AROUND THE BEND.

If your dad is Ziggy Marley, Emmy and Grammy Award winner, and he starts improvising a song in the kitchen, just for you, you'd probably do what Ziggy's three-year-old daughter did--sing right back at him!

I LOVE, YOU TOO, I LOVE YOU, TOO!

I LOVE YOU, TOO, I LOVE YOU, TOO!

I LOVE YOU!

From that little dinette duet grew a song, a bouncy, happy song about love between parent and child, grandparent and child, and between anyone and everyone.

With Ziggy's eight verses and his daughter's easy refrain, a song was born, and from that song comes the book, illustrated by Ag Jatkowska. with a variety of kids, family members, neighbors, and anyone who comes by, with lizards climbing trees, fish swimming through the seas, hives of bees, and worms who don't do much but dig, all in happy scenes of all sorts of folks enjoying each other's company. All that Marley's I Love You Too! (Tuff Gong, 2014), requires is a big red heart on the cover to qualify for the theme song of this year's Valentine's Day parade.

Just in case you can't improvise the rest of the lyrics on your own, you can turn to YouTube to get you singing along with the Marleys (Ziggy, Rita, and Cedella), live to a catchy Caribbean beat, right here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home