BooksForKidsBlog

Sunday, May 05, 2019

Rowley's Revenge! Diary of An Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson's Journal by Jeff Kinney

ROWLEY: "I wrote the words and drew the pictures all by myself without any help from a grown-up!"

GREG: "Yeah and then totally stole my idea."

ROWLEY: "I hope you think it's good!"

GREG: "Trust me, you won't!"

Despite the many times he's played the fall guy for Greg Heffley, Rowley remains a true friend, and none of the episodes Rowley faithfully records in this new book show Greg as anything but a junior jerk, albeit not a boring one!

Greg is even a jerk about Rowley's "Journal," complaining because Rowley always forgot to draw noses on people.
But then he said my book gave him an idea. Greg said one day he gonna be rich and famous and everyone will want to know his whole life story. And he said I could be the one to WRITE it.

I said I thought that was what your journal was for, and he said it was his autobiography, but my book could be his BIOGRAPHY.

So I'm going to start this book over with a new title and now the main character is gonna be Greg. No one knows him better than ME.

That's for sure!

Greg continues to take advantage of his loyal sidekick, but in Jeff Kinney's newest entry in the his best-selling comic graphic novel series, Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson's Journal (Amulet Books, 2019), Rowley does make his case for being an awesome kid who knows how to be a best friend, and that perhaps against all odds, there's hope for Greg. Kirkus Reviews says "The fact that Kinney can expose new facets of his characters this deep in the series is a a credit to the property. Underneath the marketing, the movies, the bookmarks, and the merchandise, the Wimpy Kid books are about a couple of pals figuring themselves out."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home