BooksForKidsBlog

Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Sweet Revenge: I'll Fix Anthony! by Judith Viorst

Mother says deep down in his heart, Anthony loves me.

Anthony says deep down in his heart he thinks I STINK!

When I'm SIX, I will fix Anthony!

Little brother Alexander can't wait till he can get even with Anthony. He dreams of giving Anthony a taste of how it feels to be a little brother. He's going to be taller than Anthony because he eats vegetables and drinks milk and Anthony eats junk like jelly beans and root beer. He'll dive right off the diving board, but Anthony will chicken out! Alexander will know how to float, and Anthony will just sink to the bottom of the pool. Alexander will know how to sharpen pencils, and Anthony will have to beg him to sharpen his! Alexander will be reading The New York Times while Anthony is still reading baby ABC books.

Anthony will have a virus, and my grandfather will take me to the movies. I won't even have to save him some popcorn unless I want to.

Revenge will be sweet when Alexander is six and can jump higher, run faster, and beat Anthony at Tic-Tac-Toe every time! And Anthony will never chase him out of the playroom again...

I won't have to run when I'm six!

The thoughts of the payback are sweet, in Judith Viorst's classic story, I'll Fix Anthony (Aladdin Picture Books) (Aladdin/Atheneum Books) in her classic series of books about her sons' sibling rivalry. Alexander is, of course, the Alexander in her best-sellers, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day and Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home