BooksForKidsBlog

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

What's in A Shell? Tiny Tales: Shell Quest by Steve Waldo


This squishy little critter is lost and alone!

"GOSH, THIS BACKYARD IS BIG. WHERE IS EVERYONE?

She follows some voices through the grass. Scoot Scoot!

"WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS ON THEIR BACKS? WHY DON'T I HAVE ONE?"

The critters she sees look like her--with two antennas out in front, but they have big round things on their backs. Evidently she has got to have one of whatever that is on her back. Spying an acorn shell, she pops it on her back. It fits!

"THEY ARE SHELLS. ALL SNAILS HAVE THEM. IF YOU HAVE GOT ONE, YOU CAN PLAY WITH US!" SAY HER NEW FRIENDS!

But keeping a shell in place has its problems! BONK! A falling acorn knocks it off. She promises to find a substitute ASAP!

"COME BACK WHEN YOU DO!" THEY SAY.

But finding a substitute shell is not easy. A thimble is a really bad fit! Will she ever fit in and find a friend?

But a lucky rainstorm washes her into a hollow log, where she spies some creatures who look like her but DO NOT have hards shells on their backs.

"WHERE IS YOUR SHELL?" SHE ASKS.

"WE DON'T HAVE ONE! WE ARE SLUGS! "HER NEW ACQUAINTANCE SAYS.

"I'VE GOT YOUR BACK!"

Our little lost mollusk finds her place in the world at last in Harper Publishing's new easy reading series, I Can Read Comics, in Steve Waldo's Tiny Tales: Shell Quest (I Can Read Comics Level 3) (Harper Alley, 2021), in a story of finding a sense of belonging in the world of mollusks, a fascinating group of animals on their own, in an attractive comic book format for beginning readers. Share this new format for emergent readers with Tiny Tales: A Feast for Friends (I Can Read Comics Level 3).

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:


  • BEST LOTTERY SPELL BY POWERFUL DR. OBINNA

    I use to be a very poor man who has always not find luck when it comes to playing the lottery. I have been playing lottery since i was 21 years and now i am 52 meaning i have been playing lottery for 31 years. The biggest amount i have ever won in my life was 400 bucks. But one day my story turns to history after i find this man name DR. OBINNA on the Internet that he is the best when it comes to winning lottery. This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. After all my years of laboring and struggling to win the lottery i finally won ( $62,000,000) with the help of DR. OBINNA lottery spell. email him now to get the best lottery number to win big amount of lottery All thanks to Dr OBINNA His contact informations...

    Email: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com

    His WhatsApp +19492293867

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 4:41 PM  

  • CONTACT Mr Steve Marco call +2348078336137 or WhatsApp him through this number +2348078336137or email: STEVEMARCO888@GMAIL.COM, Hello everyone My name is Scott Williams am from California i am here to give a testimony on how I join the illuminati brotherhood, I was trying to join this organization for so many years now,I was scammed by fake agent in south Africa and Nigeria,I was down,I could not feed my self and my family anymore and I tried to make money by all miss but all invail, I was afraid to contact any illuminati agent because they have eat my money,One day I come across a post of someone giving a testimony, thanking a man called Steve Marco of being helping him to join the illuminati brotherhood, then I look at the man email and the phone number that was written there, it was a nigeria number I was afraid to contact him because a nigerian agent eat my $6000 and go away with the money then I was very tired, confused and I decided to contact the person that was given the testimony and i called him and I communicated with him on phone calls before he started telling me his own story about when he wanted to join, he told me everything to do, then I made up my mind and called the agent called Steve Marco and he told me everything to do, and I was initiated, surprisely I was given my benefit of being a new member of the great illuminati brotherhood I was so happy, For those of you trying to join this organization this is your opportunity for you to join CONTACT MR Steve Marco call +2348078336137 or WhatsApp him +2348078336137or email: STEVEMARCO888@GMAIL.COM..

    By Blogger scott williams, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home