BooksForKidsBlog

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

'S NO Trick! How to Catch A Snowman by Adam Wallace


I don't thumpity thump or give warm hugs,
That's for my friends to do.
These clever kids will try to trap me,
But who will catch me.... YOU?

Of course the kids will give the chase their very best effort!

They try to coax Snowman onto the ice for a fun hockey game and trap him in the goalie cage, but he's too fast for them to score!

The kids strap on the skis for a downhill run, but Snowman's slalom outruns them, and on the ice his spins are twice as nice as theirs. And when they try to trick him into picking up some of their snowman snacks, ...he just makes tracks!

I'm glad I'm free, it's true.

But I can leave a gift for you!


That just how Snowman rolls, and the kids have to settle for Snowman's super SNOWMAN SCULPTURE conciliation prize in Adam Wallace's latest How to Catch book, How to Catch a Snowman, (Sourcebooks/Jabberwocky, 2018). Andy Elkerton's icy, snowy illustrations are lively and wintry, and as always, Snowman is up to the chase. The kids may not catch their quarry once more, but by now in this catchy series, they probably are not surprised. Other books in this series include How to Catch a Monster and Wallace's hit Christmasy chase story, How to Catch an Elf.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home