BooksForKidsBlog

Friday, July 20, 2018

Our Space Place! I LOVE the Earth by Todd Parr

How do I love the Earth?

Let me count the ways.

There is a lot to love--trees, fish, polar bears, snowman that don't melt too soon, walking shoeless in soft new grass, seeing the stars come out.

I LOVE THE EARTH AND I WANT ALL, ALL, TO BE SAFE ALL AROUND THE WORLD.

In Todd Parr's I Love the Earth (Little, Brown and Company, 2018), kids can count up ten ways they themselves can begin to take care of the earth and all upon it.

There are simple things that a child can do any day, from turning off lights when they leave a room, being nice to worms, planting trees, using both sides of a piece of paper, and making sure the refrigerator door is closed.

Todd Parr's positive and exuberant books for preschoolers share a comfortable hand-feel with jolly and inviting childlike black-line illustrations and bright primary colors, with a heartfelt appreciation for what kids themselves can do to help keep life on earth livable. Some of Parr's favorite simple concept books include The Family Book, The Peace Book, The Feelings Book, and The Goodbye Book.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home