BooksForKidsBlog

Tuesday, July 02, 2019

What's In A Name? I Am NOT A Fish! by Peter Raymundo

"Um, Hello, there.

My name is Edgar, and I'm a ...

jellyfish!"

Edgar has an identity crisis. It's not HIS crisis. He knows that he's not a fish. It's what he's called that is the problem.

And then he meets another sea creature with a similar dilemma.
"Hello, Edgar. Of course you aren't actually a fish at all.

It's kind of confusing."

It turns out that Edgar's new acquaintance understands. He is a STARFISH. He invites Edgar to join his misfit group. Starfish have identity problems, too!
"Boy, do we understand that!

"I am NOT A FISH!"

Being not-a-fish doesn't mean that you can escape all the problems fish have. Edgar reports that he once was netted and almost canned with a school of sardines!

But hanging out with the starfish gives Edgar a new lease on life. He realizes he's himself no matter what he's called--especially when someone with a new problem swims up.
"Excuse me. My name is Charlie and...

I'm ... a... SEAHORSE."

What's in a name? mused the Bard, and it seems there are a myriad of misnomers in the deep sea, in Peter Raymundo's just published comic story of mistaken eponyms, I Am Not a Fish! (Dial Books, 2019). Raymundo, a noted Disney Studios cartoonist, tell his funny tale of self image with engagingly comic illustrations, good humor, and a bit of insight into mistaken identities. Quips Kirkus Reviews, "Delivered with tentacle-in-cheek buoyancy.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home